To ensure the well-being of operational personnel at the site of incident and to limit further casualties, it is of great importance to perform decontamination after CBRNe incidents. Recent emerging technologies and scientific results have strengthened the performance of decontamination.
This session will include, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Interaction studies of CBRNe events, particles and decontaminants on surfaces
- Computer modeling of underlying molecular mechanisms for chemical spread
- Research on new materials for surface decontamination
- Rapid detection methods for evaluation of decontamination performance
- Countermeasures following a radiological fallout after a nuclear event